Overseas Chinese Academy Suzhou was established in order to better meet the international education needs of the children of overseas Chinese returnees in the greater Yangtze Delta region. Chiway Education Group and China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park Development Co., Ltd. (CSSD) have co-founded OCAC-Suzhou to increase the attraction of Suzhou as a place to work and invest in for overseas Chinese returnees, with substantial support from the government of Suzhou Industrial Park.
- Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Shanghai;
- Consisting of four areas: K12 education, higher education, international education and vocational education;
- Presence in more than 20 provinces and cities across China;
- Having direct management of 10 educational institutions and entrusted management of more than 50 institutions;
- Jointly owned by the governments of China and Singapore – established in August 1994;
- With real estate development and municipal infrastructure as its two main areas;
- With more than 40 subsidiaries, 2,600 employees and gross assets of RMB 20 billion.